Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week 2 Update

As mentioned earlier, I've decided to update once a week.  I figure the best time is at the end of the week where I can recap everything.

To be perfectly honest, this was not the best of weeks in terms of obligations and stress.  Most of my days started early and ended quite late.  I didn't make my mile count and only made it to the gym a few times.  I did, however, eat pretty well.  I've been loading up on the fruits and veggies as much as possible.  The biggest hurdle I had to tackle was work.  On the days I forgot to pack a lunch, I ate across the street and had salad or soup and fruit.

This week feels like it's going to settle down a little.  I'm so grateful that I get to do so many awesome things and that I have a job, but it definitely wore me out this week.

Week 3's mile count is a solid 20 miles.  Given that I have to have a day of rest, this means I have to run or do a cross-training exercise of three miles each day.  Yikes!  My time is improving, moving down to 9:15ish.  For this race, I'm not so concerned about the time. I just want to run consistently and finish.

That's about all the updating I can do for right now.  Gotta scoot off to rehearsal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment