Sunday, September 30, 2012

Week 1 - Days 4 through 7

Okay, I definitely need to be more on top of updating this thing.  I've been keeping a mile count in a separate notebook along with what I've been eating during the day.  I have made Friday my cheat/rest day since something like that is in every plan I have found. 

My first full week of training is complete!  Today is my first long distance run day, something that I will be doing later tonight.  Sundays are going to be tricky because I have a meeting and rehearsal from 1-5 every day, which is when I like to go on weekends.  Oh well, nothing like the thrill of running in the dark ;p

Aside from that, training has been pretty tame.  I think it's just the fact that I'm following a first timer plan when I'm already used to exercising.  For cross-training days, I've decided on the elliptical/stair machine and yoga.  Yoga especially will help with my joints.  For strength training, I've gotten into the habit of working my core and back after I run.  I do my legs, arms and chest during the not-running days along with any cross-training I feel like throwing it.  I'm getting pretty pumped for this coming week now that I've felt my way around to a routine that works.

In other news, I might have a running partner!  I have a friend who is crazy awesome athletic and was totally up for the idea of doing a marathon (again).  More on that later.

Food has been interesting this week.  I've blown through a dozen eggs in a matter of days along with fruit and avocados.  Fun fact: avocados are rich in the good kind of fat your body needs.  That and a little cheese meets my requirements and it's oh so delicious.  Again, I'm utilizing the super awesome recipe site called Skinnytaste.  Delicious and easy recipes that are good for you :)

I admit, I splurged pretty hard this weekend.  Needless to say that splurging is going to quickly be out of the question the further I go with this training. 

That's all I have to report for now.  Can't wait to update you guys with week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment